I found two new things in my tank. ID please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youknow2025

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of them is a snail. I have no idea how it got into my tank though.
Another is a worm. Is it a bad worm that I should exterminate?
I caught both of them I just need to know what to do with them now!:grab:

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_0904.jpg
    DSC_0904.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 77
the worm looks like a bristle worm, or a fire worm? the snail looks like a cerith snail. im not sure about the worm but if it is a cerith snail its fine

first snail looks a lot like a cerith but it is probably a turrid. turrids are predatory carnivores, they will eat small bivalves and the like in the wild. In an aquarium they mostly scavenge. I have seen that turrid, they have them on the texas coast everywhere...species name on the tip of my tongue...this si going to kill me. :)

I agree on both counts.

At night after you lights have been off for an hour or so examine your system with a flash light you will see a lot of very interesting things.

the drill thing threw me off for awhile. Gray Atlantic Auger or Salle's Auger, my bet is on the gray atlantic auger. They eat clams, so be careful if you get a crocea. Other than that they should scavenge and eat snails, small worms in your sandbed and small bivalves, but who has small bivavles usually?

Back
Top Bottom