I have no Idea what this is....???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hodges

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sorry the pic isn't clear but its a little over a half inch long.
Appears to be some sort of slug.
img_739698_0_40e613aeb5663d3d7482c83c7f1670d8.jpg

Thats It! Thanks for the help and fast response.

Fluff said:
I agree it does look like a nudibranch. Any chance of getting a clearer picture?

Ill try to get one tomorrow if he comes out again.

I only ask because, it looks like a Aeolidiidae nudi. Some of these are not reef safe and should be watched since I see you do have corals in the tank. A great site for ID'ing sea slugs is the seaslugforums. Her's a link to a huge species list. If you scroll down near the bottom, you see a list of slugs in the family Aeolidiidae. You may find your nudi in there as well as a bit of info.

http://www.seaslugforum.net/specieslist.cfm

heres a better pic. Yea I hope its reef safe. Thanks for the Help

img_740138_0_73745865856913826efeb44ff32cc6b8.jpg

That pic is better but honestly, these things are very hard to ID unless they are common. I'm gonna throw out a guess to you that it's in the family Tritoniidae. So if I had to give it a name I'd say Tritoniidae sp. I know that's not very specific but that's the best I can offer. And again, it's just guess on my part. I'd be very watchful though, that it's not nibbling your corals. I see in this last photo it looks like it's checking out your soft corals.

Back
Top Bottom