I need help w id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look into a t5ho setup for the tank. I know it's not accurate to follow the watt/gallon rule but right now your pushing 1watt/gal and with the other lights your pushing 2watts/gal. For an anemone you want to go for probably 4watts/gal. But also look at the actual light spectrum. Like I said the whole watts per gallon rule isn't really 100% accurate but it's a starting point.

Ok, thanks. I can't afford to switch over to the t5s. Since I already the LEDs & all. I can afford to double what I have, but that pretty much taps me out. If that's not enough for the nem, should I consider trading it in @ my lfs?

Does it help to have a mix of types of light? I have the 14000k & 423nm. Should i get 10000k lights also? There seems to be such a wide variety of opinions.

If you can't afford the lights then I say definitely take it back to the LFS. If you don't the Nem will just suffer and die :/

Thanks for all the advice, guys. The lfs is gonna check w the maker of my lights to find out their recommendation to go w what I already have, to minimize my costs. If I can't afford it, they'll gladly take it. I just really want it to do well, partly because its one of the coolest freebies I've ever got.

I have had my rock flower doing very well under about 2 watts/ gallon in my 180 going on a year now. I do feed it every few weeks specifically and it picks up whatever floats by. Rock flower anemones don't require the high light like carpet or bubble tips.

Good luck!!

As anyone using LEDs to light their reef tank? Or even more precisely, is anyone using Innovative Marine's LEDs?

I have 2 ecotech Radions over my 55. Looking at the innovative leds, the answer would depend on which you are talking about. The 4 and 8 watt ones I wouldn't consider, but the 30 and 92 ones should be able to do the job I would believe.

Thanks! My tank came w 2 of the 8w. I'm trying to figure out how to upgrade my lighting w/o sacrificing them.

Back
Top Bottom