I need help w id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonkeyCandy

Aquarium Advice Regular
This little sucker got mixed in w my shipment of snails & I'm not sure what kind of anemone it is. It looks like carpet, but aren't those expensive?

Attachments

• image-3180839053.jpg
    image-3180839053.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 274
I'd say it is a carpet nem. Looks like mine...just pretty unhappy. It came in a shipment of snails? That is the best hitchhiker ever IMO. Hope your lighting can support it.

Proper flow and lighting. Anemones should be under a minimum of 6 bulb T5HO imo for them to thrive. It will help to feed it a small piece of food once weekly, I give mine a small piece of mysis shrimp no bigger than its mouth when I do feed mine. If it isn't happy in that spot, it'll move. They are nems that like to be in the sandbed, so I'd expect it to move into it and attach its foot onto a rock nearby.

Thanks again! I'm gonna do what I can. It wasn't something I was supposed to get, I don't know if my nano tank can support it, & I've only been doin this marine tank thing for about 2 months. Wish me luck!

Thanks again! I'm gonna do what I can. It wasn't something I was supposed to get, I don't know if my nano tank can support it, & I've only been doin this marine tank thing for about 2 months. Wish me luck!

could always trade it in for something you want or need

Ill take that hitchhiker(y) anyday(y)

That's true. I'd love to keep it, but I don't think I have the skill or enough space. Thanks!

Just got an email from unnamed source that sent it to me accidentally. They swear its a rock nem. Since I didn't order it & they [moderator edit] up by sticking it in my box o snails, how can they be so sure? It looks a lot more like a carpet to me. Is there an easy way to tell the difference?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, near Memphis. The thing is, I've been studying. If it's a rock nem, than I'm pretty certain I can handle it. However, if it's a carpet, than I doubt I can. I just need to know. Hopefully it'll hold on til I can figure it out. Thanks for the offer. I'm gonna ask my lfs tomorrow see what they say.

Ok, so it's moved into the shadows a little & has opened up some. These are good signs, right?

Attachments

• image-3850625359.jpg
    image-3850625359.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 145
So I just got back from the lfs & they assured me its a type of rock flower nem & that I'd be able to take care of it. When I get home I find it wrapped around & partially in my powerhead! Luckily it's only a 240gph nano or I'd have nem chunks. Got it peeled off/out w minimal damage to it. Lord!

Just saw a pic a mini carpet that looks exactly like the little bugger I have! Didn't even know minis existed. Screw it! Whatever it is, I'm gonna try to keep it alive. As long as it stays off the powerhead.

Well if it got sucked up into the PH then it isn't attaching its foot. I'd cut the PH off for alittle bit so it can plant itself.

What kind of lighting do you have? This guy is moving around a bunch because it isn't happy, probably from lack of light.

Back
Top Bottom