I NEED SOME HELP BAD!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddcboys

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey All,
I just got back from being deployed and I starting to fix up my tanks. I have what I would call a huge problem. I have no clue what the heck this slime is on me LR. It is like a cloudy transparent. I also have a tone of what I call a worm but I don't quite know. They are a small transparent, looks like a feeler type looking worm that makes is tubes through the crushed gravel sub-straight that I have at the bottom. I am sorry that their is no picture, my camera is acting up. ANY HELP IS REALLY APPERICATED!!!! 0X

No idea on the cloudy stuff that you have on your rock. The "worm-like" things sound like they could be aiptasia anemones but couldn't say without a picture. Those things are really hardy and will live through just about any kind of bad conditions. Try to get some pics and post them. The wierd thing is that if they are aiptasia, then generally they would be in the rocks and not in your substrate.

your worm is either a spaghetti worm and nothing to worry about or its a chaetopterid and nothing to worry about. I dunno about the slime though. welcome back.

Welcome Home!
I agree that the worms are most likely spaghetti worms. What are the water parameters like.
If you use a turkey baster or aima ph at teh LR does the slime come off?
Have you done any PCWCs since getting back?

Back
Top Bottom