ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dov

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Howdy all, trying to ID this guy...

the plates sometimes close-up tight as drum, otherwise its feeding all the time. TIA

hmmm

I see a couple feather dusters, a cool looking sponge and an Oyster. I'm guessing you want an ID on the Oyster :lol: I can't tell what type because of all the coralline. It will need a lot of phytoplankton but if there's phyto in the water it will grow. Don't try to directly feed it.

BangGuy,

What I'm asking about is both the white mouth-shaped area on the lower right and the white/orange area on the right, they are both the same creature I believe. but, if these aren't the area's you a spotted sponge or oyster...where are they???? I could almost believe oyster for this whole thing because of the way it seems to feed, but the shape doesn't seem to be like any bi-valve I've ever seen (not educated on the matter...).

sorry, thats white/orange on the LEFT...

sorry, dov's not that bright... :roll:

Maybe a shot with a zoom out would be a little easier.

Personaly I have absolutly NO idea and I am very interested but personallly other than a few dusters I cant get a firm grasp of what I a looking at.

here's another pic, sorry these are the best of the bunch and it's a borrowed cam so...

More info:

What I'm trying to ID is the whitish areas that make up about 30% of the rock, it is made up of individual plates (kinda looks like an inside out soccer ball, with the seams being the joints between the plates) The plates sometimes open up and I can see feeder filaments between them. I've been told it's probably a tunicate on another BB, but I more opinions are welcome. It is doing well so, I'm not all that concerned as I haven't done any direct feeding and it is still doing well.

Back
Top Bottom