id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dtrain

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have these little shrimp looking things everywhere! Was wondering if someone could tell me what they were i tried to take a pic but there to small

Babies ? I had a peppermint shrimp that had em once and the tank looked pink. It totally freaked me out.

No shrimp tho only a clown fish and it died

Ah now that u say that that's what they look like i guess they could have come on the coals i have bought?

Ya i looked them up they looked just like that are they bad should i get a mandarin golby

People try to defer u from them cause of there eating habits and how most of them will perish in under a month from malnutrition. I have a scooter dragonet which has the exact same care as the mandarin dragonet. I have had mine for 3 months now and I love to watch him. The best advice I can give you if you are going to get one is make sure they are already eating frozen food this will minimize the chance of them perishing dramatically. They are considered an expert only fish simply because people can't get them to eat in a aquarium.

A scooter is much easier to get to eat prepared foods than a mandarin. His tank is way too small to support a mandarin. It will starve to death.
Even the ones that eat prepared from ORA in many cases revert to just live food.
People try to defer because it's been tried a million times.

Oh sorry I didn't see that his tank wasn't big even for one. But yea if ur tank isn't bigger enough please don't try 1. It will mostly likely certainly die.

Back
Top Bottom