id and what to feed them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waelaase

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i got them from LFS that dont know anything about reef
what are they and what to feed
thanx

Starting from top to bottom...

1. Can't tell

2. lobophyllia sp brain coral

3. Looks like a Lobophytum sp leather coral

4. Sebae anemone (Heteractis crispa)

5. Bubble coral (Plerogyra sinuosa)

I do no direct feeding of any of my corals, I feed the tank blender mush and have a fuge, they take what they can when I feed the tank and have done just fine. The bubble will probably accept some chopped seafoods as well as the lobophyllia. The anemone NEEDS to be fed, silversids, krill, shrimp etc...whatever it will accept, it is bleached and I am not confidant that it will do well.

waelaase said:
i got them from LFS that dont know anything about reef
what are they and what to feed
thanx

Wow, looks like you have some reading/learning to do. Best bet would be to check out some of the recommended books on this site and read read read.

the books may be rather difficult to find in egypt.....but the net has some interesting places to visit to learn about corals as well.

Hara said:
the books may be rather difficult to find in egypt.....but the net has some interesting places to visit to learn about corals as well.

Wow, didn't realize he was from Egypt :p This site is definatley the place to come to if you have questions and to learn!! I'm sure I would have given up by now if it wasn't for this site.

Back
Top Bottom