Id for my wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaboi

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey said it was a dragon wrasse but when i google it, it shows a different fish.

image-2074422540.jpg

It is . They morph when adults and look completely different .
+1 Novaculichthys taeniourus-dragon wrasse,looks completely different as an adult,almost like a different species altogether.Thats camo for juvi's to hide amongst the seagrasses/kelp.Also known as "the rock moving wrasse",i hope your rockwork is secure,lol.Beautiful fish.

Thanks thats great know! Thanks for the help guys makes sense now.

Dragon wrasses can be difficult to get eating. My friends had one that only ate live food like ghost shrimp. :-(

Sorry about loosing your fish....

Yeah but the issue was that my crab grabbed a hold of him and pretty much ate him alive poor guy

Not only can they be difficult to get eating,many species of wrasse are prone to collection and shipping stress as well as internal parasites.Something was wrong with it as I can't see any wrasse letting itself be taken over by a crab unless you got one big mean killer crab.But still doesn't suck any less,sorry for the loss.

Thanks for the support guys and info. Yeah she was beautiful.

Rock mover or dragon wrasse. As stated above the adults look different from the juviniles.

Back
Top Bottom