ID for Wite Stuff on Zoos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like a type of calcerous encrusting sponge (Leucosolenia sp.). You will probabley find more in shaded indirect lit areas as well.

Cheers
Steve

I don't know this for sure, but if it is a parasitic film, an Iodide dip might not hurt... If it is not harming the Zoos, I would let it go for a while and watch it...

Check out >>this article<< on wetwebmedia. Both are more than possible... if it is an irritant, an iodine dip will help.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks for the link steve. I am not convinced that it is something harmfull just yet, but i am keeping a close eye on them. I jus moved them to the top of my tank after almost a year of them being on the bottom, so they are pretty tightly closed. And have been since i moved them on Monday. I fed the tank tonight and i did see that some of the polyps grabbed some of the food. Hopefully they will open up in thext 2 days. As for the white stuff, hmmmmm, i am really hoping that it is just a sponge.

Back
Top Bottom