ID Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fshfrk58

Aquarium Advice Regular
Could someone tell me what the name of this is and what could possibly be wrong with him. I purchased him a few weeks ago and forgot the name of it. He has not looked the same since I bought him.

Attachments

• DSC02916.jpg
    DSC02916.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 55
Thank you for your help, i bought this a few weeks ago and he has not fully bloomed do you think something is wrong?

What kind of lighting and water flow do you have? I'm sure someone will ask for water parameters so might as well be me, what are your water parameters? Is the coral looking deflated or the polyps just not expanding and giving a "thin" appearance?

First of all I have
T5 HO 4x54w lights
s.g 1.024
temp: 77.0
ph: 8.4
Nitrite: .005
low if any water flow by the tree
and its just giving a thin appearence

Last edited:
Try increasing the water flow to lightly sway the branches. Do you add any chemicals to your system?

A good rule of the few good rules out there is, don't add a chemical that you cannot or do not test for. Have you tested for iodine concentrations? Usually this is not needed and many corals show adverse reactions when added. Your salt mix should provide the majority of your major trace elements so I would ditch your "Trace Elements" and concentrate on pure Calcium, Alkalinity, and Magnesium additions instead.

Okay I will give them up and add some more water flow. By the way, do you recommend any certain type of salt mix. I am currently using instant ocean. Thanks

Well i'll give this a try and let you know when he decides to fully expand, hopefully this will work.
I really appreciate your help. I will keep in touch if you don't mind.
Thanks again

Not a problem and I'm sure the main causes are the lack of water flow and iodide additions :)

Back
Top Bottom