ID help???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepper3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Two of these guys came on a piece of live rock I just put in my tank. Any idea what they are? Can't seem to ID it in my invert. book. Thanks for the info.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 79
One is about 1.5 inch in diameter and the other is only about 1/3 inch. Both seem to be doing well, even though my cycle just finished. Thanks for the info.

Here another angle of it. Maybe te pic. will help with ID.

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 79
It is definitely an anemone of some type. Do a google search of manjano anemone and compare the pics.

I've spent alot time photo browsing, but don't have a confident ID. What makes you think majano? Most of the majanos I see have a green tint. I hate to say it, but I'm leaning towards Aiptasia mutabilis :( What do u think? Both of these anemones will eventually pose a pest problem, right? I will hate to have to remove it, but if it's a pest I want to get it out quickly before it spreads.

It could be aptaisa. I have seen it brown and clear. Either way - kill them. Lol. Aptaisa and manjano are both pests. The cheapest way to kill it is to boil r/o and lemon juice then squirt it in the mouth and it will kill it

Okay.....I will reluctantly kill it. Its the only invert in my tank right now lol. Thanks alot for the info. Do I need a syringe w/ needle to inject the lemon juice or just squirt it at its mouth with a pipette?

pepper3 said:
Okay.....I will reluctantly kill it. Its the only invert in my tank right now lol. Thanks alot for the info. Do I need a syringe w/ needle to inject the lemon juice or just squirt it at its mouth with a pipette?

Lol. Don't laugh- I have an old squirter that I found after cleaning out baby stuff that had never been used and I use that. It works just fine

Back
Top Bottom