ID help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xTradSKAx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Any ideas what these 2 different things are? I just started seeing them about a month or 2 ago in my 28 gallon FOWLR setup. I'm going to start introducing some soft corals soon and want to make sure these guys aren't pests or problematic. The pink guys in the first image are showing up all over the tank. The second image is just a small cluster in one spot.

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 101
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 141
attachment.php

This is bubble algae also (bad) . . ^^^ ^^

I went to the LFS today to see about getting a predator for the Manjo, and the guy there said he doesn't think that's what these are and that it is an orange ball anemone. He doesn't think peppermint shrimp would take care of these and that I should hit em with lemon juice as they grow if I don't want to keep them.

I'm worried they will continue to spread and take over my tank, there are a few the size of a nickel, but a lot of tiny ones. Here's another (blurry) image of one closed if that helps... So what's the consensus, ball anemone or Manjo? More importantly, should I try to get rid of them all before adding soft corals and mushrooms?

Attachments

• ballanemone.jpg
    ballanemone.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 66
Your lfs is right those are not majano but they appear to be pseudocorynactis. They arent huge pests like aiptasia/majano, some people keep them in their tanks but if you do want rid, lemon juice or aiptasia x should prob do the trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom