Id on a few things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cloudxsoldier

Aquarium Advice Regular
Id on a few things - PICS INCLUDED

Hi There,

Got a few things I'd like to get an ID on if your all up to it :) First is this weird litte thing:
id1b.jpg

Second is this Sea Urchiun I found yesterday. Just want to doube check if its a nasty one or not. Everything I've read said that they are mainly harmless but just wanted to check. Never mind the photo bombing wrasse :p
id2s.jpg

And now for my biggest concern. At around 11:30pm last night I flicked on the lights to find this guy darting around the tank like nothing i've ever seen. He was a VERY fast swimmer and i finnaly managed to catch him when he swan up near the top of the water. I took him out and put him in a container as I wasn't sure about him. (he's dead now) He has many little bristly parts on him. I ws thinking bristle worm but I've never heard of them swimming around so fast. and beleive me, he was FAST. He has a little brother swimming around with him but he was smaller and not orange. he was clear. any help would be GREAT! thanks in advance

id3x.jpg

There are three pictures present in my original post.
I have no idea why no one else can see them. The show up on my iphone, work computer and home computer So im not sure why no one else can :(

I can see the pics! But I can't help at the moment...lol...limited time at work

The first one to me looks like aptaisa (sp) witch is bad its not to friendly and has been know to take over tanks. Second the urchin is cool the only down side is they have a tendance to knock over coral and if its anything like mine it will pick up coral and relocate them. Last pic looks to me like a bristel worm not to shure about the swiming thing could be something ealse not to shure onthat one hope im helpful

I have about 6 bristleworms that I know of.. Biggest seems about 4 inches, smallest about 1/2 inch.. I have NEVER seen them swim.. And I imagine if they did swim it wouldn't be fast like you say.. Also it doesn't look like my bw's from that pic.. Keep searching.

that sea urchin is nothing to be concerned about. not as much a concern as the wrasse in the back ground.

whats the concern with my wrasse? :( Thats my girlfriends fish lol.) Not really my choice. I tried to tell her our tank wasn't big enough for it (or so I've read) but the LFS guy said it wasn't an issue so my influence started degraded from then on... :facepalm:

firstly. YES! Thats exactly how this worm was swimming! darting around like crazy. So no harm? I found a small bristle worm under my live rock this morning so I'll see how he goes. But if he gets to big i dont think I want him in there.

As for the tank. Its only live rock with a sea anomone I bought 2 days ago to see if it might affect my clown fishes desire to eat. Will there be a problem with the anemone and the wrasse? My LFS has told me there should be no problems with everything I have.

if you are seeing large worms, you are overfeeding. common bristle worms won't harm anything, but their populations and size will rise and fall with the available food supply.
an anemone will require powerful lighting to live. do you have adequate lighting for an anemone? I have never heard of an anemone coaxing a clown to eat. the LFS tell you that one too? they pay their bills by selling you things...you are aware of that, correct?

haha yeah I'm aware of that. They have been VERY good to me. didnt let me buy anything during the cycling process and have always helped me out with any quetions, done regular water tests for free etc. I am at my wits end with these clowns not eating and so are they. have tried over 8 types of foods and nothing. They said they where out of ideas and he told me he wasnt sure if an anemone would make a difference but I thought it would be worth a try.

Seeing as they are reef caught he thought the anemone would make them feel 'more at home' which made sense to me. I'm not 100% sure of the lighting but have been told that its sufficient. Will double check when i go in today.

When I originally put in the anemone the female clown went right into it. shook around for a 5 mins and started sucking on some of its tenticles. After that it move slowly to a spot in the rock which is hard for the clowns to access. These clowns seem fine, very happy and active but just wont eat.

anyhow. is the wrasse safe with the anemone? the wrasse has never gone near it yet.

thanks for all your help

Back
Top Bottom