ID Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anotherfishname

Aquarium Advice Regular
Little red thing next to the mushroom. Best pic I can take of this thing. Noticed it started growing about a week ago and it's growing fast. Growing in a coil shape and there is a little fuzzy thing that sticks out the top and when a fish swims by and scares it it goes back in. It seems hard like a shell of some sort. Any ideas?
Thanks

Attachments

• weird thing crop 009.jpg
    weird thing crop 009.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 70
It may be but it's so small hard to tell at this point. That's the first thing that came to mind but I never saw one in a coiled shell type of thing like this. I'm a total noob so there's a lot of stuff I've never seen before. lol Thanks a lot for taking time to reply and give your input!!

I'm constantly amazed at the "new" stuff that seems to appear in my tank out of thin air. Some good... some not so good!

I've got a couple of those coiled type of feather dusters in my tank. The casing of mine kind of looks like it has ridges, much like yours.

If it's really small, it could be a vermetid snail. Those don't have really any feathers that come out, but a couple little hair like things. When there's food in the tank, they'll cast out a web of mucous and "reel" it back it with whatever food it may have captured. Kind of like a reef spider! You might google "vermetid snail" and see if that looks more like what you have.

**** of a call Kurt! I caught the little guy letting out a thread of mucous and reeling it in full of little particles. I found another today as well. Not a nice red like this guy but a brownish color. What an awesome hobby this is becoming! Thanks again for your help.

Back
Top Bottom