ID Please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fireman26m

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just setup the tank a few days ago. Have a few hitchhikers popping up. This one's ID eludes me. At first I thought flatworm when I saw one on the glass. But seeing them on the rock they have more of a grub shape. They are 1/4" long, white-gray with a gray stripe along the side. No protuberaces (ie. antennae, siphon). They have no shell that I can see, however, each has what looks like a small bundle of rock or algae on its back. This is the best pic I could get. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 100_0526.jpg
    100_0526.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_0512.jpg
    100_0512.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 76
Update. I touched one and it has a hard smooth, rounded shell but seems to be covered by it's mantle. The rock/algae was exactly that. It fell off once I touched it. Baby Cowrie's maybe?

It doesn't look like a cowrie, maybe a snail or limpet. It is still hard to tell by the pic. Possibly a top crown snail....

That might be a good guess Allen.
Does the bottom have a line running up the middle, like two separate "feet"?

+1 on Stomatella Varia. I had one that rode in on my LR and now, 4 months later, I have about 8 of the little buggers. They seem to move fast and eat slow!! Very beneficial to my system!!

Back
Top Bottom