Id please???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jennifer_luna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone please help me id this thing, I have been doing some research and it looks like it might be a strawberry anenomy? But I am not sure.. I would really like to know if this is going to be harmfull to my tank!:confused:

Attachments

• IMG_20120829_211340.jpg
    IMG_20120829_211340.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 104
Picture was taken with a camera phone so it is not the best of quality, the acctual tenticls of this thing are clear with white balls on the end.and its roughly 1/2 cm in diameter

They shouldn't pose a problem, they stay pretty small. It is an anemone though, so I would keep anything that you don't want to get stung, out of their reach.

the only thing that i have in this tank is 2x clown fish, 2 x damsals, 1x wrasse, 4 hermit crabs. and a green leafy plant. I have no corals in this tank... Im saving getting corals for my new 100 gallon tank that I will be setting up over the weekend, need to save for the lighting first and have the tank running for a long while before... :)

The only things you would have to be concerned with being stung, are corals...you should be fine.
Enjoy your tank!

I have those in my tank as well. They really come out at night or when there is low light. They don't like direct light. Here is a picture of the biggest one that I have, probably the size of a silver dollar:

img_2095407_0_bc0d07d9aba028b7daa9e7db4c84bd8c.jpg

I think they are prity... I dont want to get rid of mine so I hope it doesnt over run my tank!

Back
Top Bottom