ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamesonfamily

Aquarium Advice Activist
Found this green guy in my tank, nothing is missing or munched on yet. Appears to be a type of slug ??ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419124276.816908.jpg

Jameson

Looks like it could be one. Is there anything in the tank that looks like it? Nudibranch will look like the thing they eat. So, one that would feast on yellow leather coral for example will be yellow.

Just get rid of him. If he came in on a rock, that means he was eating something on the rock or the tank it came in on. It will simply starve to death without the food source. Is there anything on that rock that looks like it would eat? There could be eggs in there if that is the case and this is a nudibranch.

Already pulled the rock as well, there is a purple Monti cap on it so no it does not look like anything on the rock.

Jameson

Still trying to find out, hmm. I have him in the cube with some zoas. He has not touched any.:popcorn:

Green could indicate that it's an algae eater primarily....Put some nori on a clip and see if it ends up there. Might be a cool addition after all.

I'm pretty sure it eats algae. I would keep it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom