ID please. Possible polyps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheTrav13

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys just recently I've been seein a few of these poppin up in different places in my tank. It's like they grow off a stock. They are green and resemble a circle. Let me know what you guys think. The stock in the picture is hanging off to the right with the green polyps on the left. The picture I'm describing is in the dead center of the picture.

Attachments

• image-2655622802.jpg
    image-2655622802.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 216
Middle is a little blurry but resembles an anenome that you will want to remove. I forget the name of it though.

Here's a better pic. There's a group of brown polyps in the middle of the photo. Just above that you can see a little cyano. Then just above that is the unidentified thing I'm talking about. It's a long thin green stock with what look like polyps growing out of it. And you can see the stock reaching out to the right. It doesn't bother any of the polyps below it so I don't think it's stinging anything or anything bad. I just want to know what it is.

Attachments

• image-3697426177.jpg
    image-3697426177.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 173
looks like algae to me. Caulerpa peltata
I also see some razor caulerpa in there. Google them and tell me if that's what you've got.

looks like algae to me. Caulerpa peltata
I also see some razor caulerpa in there. Google them and tell me if that's what you've got.

+1 resembles the Caulerpa in my tank. Get rid of it before it becomes a huge problem like it did for me.

Definitely it guys. Thanks for the help. I just went to the lfs store and my levels are perfect. How do I get rid of it?

I've been removing It manually by hand :/. If you find a better way I need to know! Mine is rooted deep and near impossible to get it all out.

Did the same. This stuff is a pain...does anything eat this?

You mean the brown patch the looked like miniature polyps? I think those are hydroids. They are not good for the reef tank since they have the ability to sting their neighbors and anything that brushes then while they are extended. Try to research it and see tho. Good luck!

You mean the brown patch the looked like miniature polyps? I think those are hydroids. They are not good for the reef tank since they have the ability to sting their neighbors and anything that brushes then while they are extended. Try to research it and see tho. Good luck!

My bad, I was looking the the wrong one. Now that I read the entire post, I realized I'm way off. I'd say some kind of culerpa as well. It kinda look like small cups. I'd say take it out before it over runs your tank. Otherwise just keep it trimmed I guess...

Back
Top Bottom