Id please... Updated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPloman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think I have some better photos of this growth now. Anyone have a clue on this?

One is from a frontal view the other is from looking on top.

Attachments

• untitled2_578.jpg
    untitled2_578.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 450
  • untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 444
It is neat. Is it really that white and bright pink underneath? Or is some of that just from the flash? I know with my camera, sometimes the colors get distorted. I hope someone else comes along who can ID it for you.

Now months have passed and I wanted to see if anyone could maybe give it an id at this point. Here are the new photos.

It has gotten huge. I would compare the lenght to a dollar bill and the height to half of a dollar bill. The color has changed slightly, more pink and less white. There is still white around the edges, but not in the center. The center is always filling up with gunk from food and waste. I have to blow it out every now and again.

Attachments

• id_please.jpg
    id_please.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 38
  • id_please_2.jpg
    id_please_2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 238
No, no, and no. I just sits there. It feels waxy. Like it is kinda flexible like warm wax, but its got this texture that is way cool. It has bumps and and smooth areas, you can kinda see them in the photo.

Do you see my emerald crab under it on the top photo, right side? That crab is tiny! He is only about the size of a dime. The rate of growth on this thing is petty high, its only been there for about six or seven months.

Back
Top Bottom