Id plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ebay04chris

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This stuff is growing all over my 12g aquapod dont know what it is.

Attachments

• dsc00081_209.jpg
    dsc00081_209.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 44
Both look like an anenome the one on the right looks like a rock anenome and the other cant tell

The one on the left looks like a huge aptasia anemone, the one of the right I suspect is the same. They do grow and spread like crazy. There are lots of threads on how to get rid of aptasia, a product called Joe's Juice is always highly recommended.

To be honest, Fluff is a great resource for ID'ing stuff, but I am thinking the one on the left is a Haitian Reef Condy Anemone. But if you are saying they are all over the place I agree, they could be aiptasia.

Yes this stuff is growing everywhere there are about 12 of them.

do you think lemon juice or hot water would be better to inject into my tank?

Used boiling water and they are shrinking up they squirted a white strand when i stuck with needle.

Should i do them all at once or a couple every other day?

Thanks for all your help.

Looks like aptasia. You can try injecting them with hot water. I've seen people inject them with different highly concentrated calcium buffers and they can still survive. I think the best thing would be a peppermint shrimp. They usually do a good job.

My peppermint shrimp only ate one of mine, so there is no guarantee.

My LFS sells this stuff that in a syringe minus the needle that has a salt paste in it. You put a glob in the mouth area and it will swallow it and then disintegrate.

Attachments

• 100_0483_212.jpg
    100_0483_212.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 33
Mel what do those things run ... do they make it or buy it that way , if so who makes it

I think they make it. I got mine for twenty dollars. A little high but it works the first time every time.

melosu58 said:
I think they make it. I got mine for twenty dollars. A little high but it works the first time every time.
ouch that is a bit rich for me :) I got some joes juice but put a peppy in while waiting for it to arrive he pulverized them :)

I got rid of mine with that paste but I put three peppermints in there to make sure they dont make a comeback.

I can vouch for this stuff...

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=16828&N=2004+2035

Blue Life's 'Aptasia Control' was the only thing my LFS had. It nuked some small ones of mine. Not sure how it'd do with that monster though. I'm another one that has had good luck with peppermint shrimp. After nuking all the baby aptasia I had, I put in a peppermint. I've never seen another one since.

Back
Top Bottom