ID the culprit please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krollo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need help in iD'ing these things that are creating little sand hills all over my tank. I wave the sand away and it leaves these little sand encrusted white tubes that ran up the middle of the little hills. The tank is 125 gallon mixed reef with about 100+ pounds of live rock and a DSB. All water parameters are stable. I have a sand sifting star that will now only stay on one side of tank which seems to not have as many of these "hills"....please help

This is a pic of hills...had only blue LEDs on to show them better
image-3174185205.jpg

this is a pic of tubes after I wave sand hill away
image-4150993337.jpg

Thanks for reply....Do they have a natural predator that is reef safe to keep them in check? My tank is up almost a year now and they just started popping up.

Looked them up online and the tube looks like it but I've never seen anything hanging out the end. They are taking over my sandbed to the point I'm afraid my sand sifting star will starve. I do have small white tubes in my skimmer also but they are smaller. At least now I have a starting point to research. That is deffinetly one thing about this hobby, there is always something different around each corner to research

Back
Top Bottom