Id these sea horse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Athaocity

Aquarium Advice Freak
These are from Georgia aquarium, pretty epic creatures here,
Just curious, what sea horses are they?
They look amazing! Just like Pokemon

image-2983400404.jpg
image-3376102412.jpg

Does anyone in aa own any?

Those are leafy sea dragons!!!! o.o beautiful creatures related to the seahorse, though I am not sure what one yours is particularly

Sammy S said:
Those are leafy sea dragons!!!! o.o beautiful creatures related to the seahorse, though I am not sure what one yours is particularly

Oh they aren't mine, it's ga aquariums'

As Sisserydoo noted, they are weedy (also called common) seadragons (Phyllopteryx taeniolatus), a species that ranges around southern Australia (from the vicinity of Perth, Western Australia, to central New South Wales). Leafy seadragons (Phycodorus eques) are greenish to brown with pale, dark edged lines on the body, and have a narrower distribution (near Perth to about Kangeroo Island, South Australia).

Tony Gill said:
As Sisserydoo noted, they are weedy (also called common) seadragons (Phyllopteryx taeniolatus), a species that ranges around southern Australia (from the vicinity of Perth, Western Australia, to central New South Wales). Leafy seadragons (Phycodorus eques) are greenish to brown with pale, dark edged lines on the body, and have a narrower distribution (near Perth to about Kangeroo Island, South Australia).

I saw both kinds live for the first time at the Shed aquarium in Chicago last year. My family had to pull me away from the tanks. They're amazing!

Back
Top Bottom