Id this fish please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Durango

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Lfs said this is a pac neon goby but I checked all over the Internet and I can't find anything on him please help!

Attachments

• image-950443510.jpg
    image-950443510.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 179
  • image-3016506151.jpg
    image-3016506151.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 177
I see some websites say they can be in a 10 gallon and others in a 70 gallon which is the right tank for them? I currently have him in a 20 long is this okay?

As noted already, it's an "engineer goby" - just wanted to point out that it's not a real goby (i.e., member of the family Gobiidae). The species (Pholidichthys leucotaenia), along with one other species in the genus (P. anguis from northwestern Australia) is currently placed in its own family, Pholidichthyidae. Relationships of the family are poorly understood, and it is currently placed in its own suborder. Yours looks to be a juvenile (with longitudinal stripes - living in schools, and likely a mimic of Plotosus lineatus, which has venomous fin spines), as adults (growing to over a foot long, and living in pairs) have a barred coloration.

Thanks guys I realized my tank is too small for him so I took him back to the LFS today!! :(

Back
Top Bottom