ID this please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AutoPilot

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my LR for over week and it had a 2 of these on it when I got it. I noticed that the 2 that were on it have seemed to have grown alittle bigger and I see 1 or 2 more appearing. What are they? Are they good/bad?

Looks like an aiptasia to me. They are not good. YAou should probably get a some peppermint shrimp or Joes Juice. I am sure u will get more help from the pros soon. HTH

I am thinking about getting some pep shrimp. Will they be safe with soft corals and Anemone? If so how many would you recommend for a 55 gallon I have 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 clown, 1 damsel, and a diamond goby?

AutoPilot said:
I am thinking about getting some pep shrimp. Will they be safe with soft corals and Anemone? If so how many would you recommend for a 55 gallon I have 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 clown, 1 damsel, and a diamond goby?
As long as you get true peppermint shrimp they won't harm your corals, there are species that look very similar that aren't reef safe. I would get a couple and see how they do.

Back
Top Bottom