Identification?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
Could anyone tell me what kind of anemone this is? I got it today on some live rock and would like to know. :? TIA

anemone_002.jpg

Well now I'm confused, :? . I can touch one of my condy's and it might shrink up a little, not much mind you just like "hey don't touch". I touch one of these things and they don't shrink up at all, they retract into the rock with lightening speed. I don't think they are anemone's. Maybe big feather dusters?

justmy2cents said:
they retract into the rock with lightening speed. I

That cinches it. They are definately Aiptasia.

To confirm: Place a small piece of fish or other meaty food on one. A featherduster will ignore it, an Aiptasia will consume it.

Typically peppermints are only effective with smaller aiptasia. Those are quite large by the look of them and I'd almost think they where a type of majano. If they are larger pests, I think the pepps would spread them moreso than get rid of them. The great thing about Joe's juice is that if you can place the liquid over the mouth, it will injest the mixture and melt right before your eye's. One bottle should easily take care of what you have.

Cheers
Steve

Ok, Thanks. Logan is waiting for it to come in right now. I guess that's the way I need to go. Still I think pepperment shrimp are right cute. :D

I have never seen any THAT BIG!!! I have two in my tank and they are the size of my pinky fingernail.

Those are HUGE!!!

Back
Top Bottom