Improperly Labeled Fish at LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gauge

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went to the LFS and saw a fish that piqued my interest to say the least. It was labeled a "Curious Worm Blenny." It didn't look anything like a traditional blenny to me, though. It was long, very thin (almost like a pipefish) and brightly colored. It had an orange stripe going from head to tail on either side. They had a few of them and I'd guess them to be about 2.5 inches long or so.

Can anyone tell me what this fish is, how hardy they are, what they are and are not compatible with, etc? I have an opening in my tank that is screaming for these guys. They are SO cool looking. :)

That be the fish!

It says on that web page that they eat crustaceans. Does that mean my hermits and emeralds and such would be in danger? Or do they eat smaller crustaceans than that?

Also, how large do they get?

Gauge said:
It says on that web page that they eat crustaceans. Does that mean my hermits and emeralds and such would be in danger? Or do they eat smaller crustaceans than that?
It actually uses the term pelagic crustaceans which would refer to copepods, amphipods and the like. As such, they are not a very good fish purchase for a community tank unless kept with equally delicate species like seahorses. They can also be rather touchy and if frightend too often will quit eating as well.

Also, how large do they get?
About 4"

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom