Is this a duncan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozorowsky

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a blue ish duncan but doesn't look like my other duncan. Is this just smaller? The brown looking one in the picture is mt other duncan

Odd. Does this work?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110904_101342.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110904_101342.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 102
  • ForumRunner_20110904_101417.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110904_101417.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 97
yep duncans. they vary in appearance depending on where collected, what lighting, etc.

do you think the tentacles will open up on the white one? It was closed when I bought it but the assured me this was the same as these two other duncans they had

it will change appearance under different conditions. i had a single colony which i split into 2 and put it in different parts of my system, and they both looked different eventually. the tentacles seemed to grow longer in higher flow areas on the colonies i've kept. white is not a color for them and that's going to change as well in the proper environment.

it will change appearance under different conditions. i had a single colony which i split into 2 and put it in different parts of my system, and they both looked different eventually. the tentacles seemed to grow longer in higher flow areas on the colonies i've kept. white is not a color for them and that's going to change as well in the proper environment.

You think my corals would benefit from a wave maker?

well, random turbulence is best. you don't want a power head blowing directly on a coral, but you want bursts of flow to hit them at times. you can accomplish this with a series of power heads pointing towards each other, without a wave maker, but if you want to use one, it certainly won't hurt.
what do you have in the tank right now for flow?

well, random turbulence is best. you don't want a power head blowing directly on a coral, but you want bursts of flow to hit them at times. you can accomplish this with a series of power heads pointing towards each other, without a wave maker, but if you want to use one, it certainly won't hurt.
what do you have in the tank right now for flow?

I have my return and over flow on one ond of the tank and a hydor 1050 gph pump at the other end about mid way down pointed towards the top.

is this your 125 gallon tank? if so, i'd want more flow than that. i might use three 1200 gph koralias.

Yes this is my 125, and I really need that much flow? Should I get a wave maker?

it will keep your overall tank healthier to have more flow. you want to keep detritus suspended in the water column until your filtration can remove it, if possible. low flow and all you get is a build up on the rock and sand. three 1200gph pumps in a 6' tank is not really a lot of flow. you don't necessarily need a wave maker. you can just use power heads that have a wide spread, like hydor koralias or similar.

I'm using 2 800gph power heads in a 3 foot 40g breeder and it's not too much so 3 1200gph ph in a 125g isn't too much.

Back
Top Bottom