Is this a shroom or what???? Plz Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is this? looks like a shroom but I could be wrong, I didnt have any time to id it because it was hiddin from when I bought my buttons.

to me it looks like Rhodactis inchoata, which is more commonly named a bullseye mushroom.

Well, it was alittle bigger than that but it has shrank for about a week, is it susposed to do that? Btw, I used to live in Utah and I was born there , Lived and born in ogden.

shrooms will expand and contract for a lot of various reasons. To much lighting, not enough lighting, water quality, etc. I don't know how long you have had the mushroom but I have noticed that any time move or transport them, change lighting or water perameters that they will shrink down for a little while but will usually come back out with no adverse affects.
Btw, I just recently moved from ogden to clearfield just before christmas.

I have 440watts of lighting by vho, is that too much? I dont think so because my red shroom closed then opened back up.

Mushrooms are pretty adaptive to lighting changes and I think 440 vho is on the high side but not too much. Most shrooms also don't like a lot of flow, so if you see it blowing around it may need to be relocated to a spot with lower flow.

he blows every few hours or so I would say, and the moving it part will be hard because my buttons need the light and the shroom is near the polyps but not too near.

It doesn't sound like its getting too much flow. Give it some time and it will more than likely adapt to the new conditions.

yea the one on the pic has completely grown! its bottom is touching the lr, im so impressed on how much it grew! do i need to feed or does it grow like zoos

Back
Top Bottom