Is this bad? I heard so...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Speakerman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is this thing bad to have in my tank? It showed up with the live rock. I saw another baby in the tank and took it out. I don't want them to spread everywhere...If they are bad, what can I get to eat them. that wont harm other anemonies, coral, and fish.

2070368_202_full.jpg

Thats aiptasia and its bad

Get a peppermint shrimp, they are peacful and reef-safe. They love to eat aiptasia.

i dont remember if you said you had a sump?

some people put them in the sump, as they are excellent filter feeders

Aiptasia

I would be careful pulling them out of the tank as well.

I would get rid of it if it is aiptasia. They can spread through your tank like wild fire.

I don't think its aiptasia. doesn't have the right look. maybe majano anenome? It honestly looks like a hidden cup coral to me but I've never seen one not inside a rock.

I`ll tell you what. I`m going to move this to the identification forum to be sure. It does look like it but more eyes are better than one

It's definitley an aipstasia (or majano, still a pest anemone). A hidden cup coral comes out of a skeleton, so it's definitley not that.

I would not add it to your sump, but rather use something like boiling water, lemon juice, or Joes Juice to kill them. Pulling them or scraping them usually just results in more.

I agree that its aiptasia and to get rid of it. Like mentioned earlier in this post, you can get a peppermint shrimp to take care of them. They do an awesome job!

Back
Top Bottom