Is this bubble alga

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donf

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two of these green sphere shaped algae. Are these bubble algae? If yes how do I remove without bursting and spreading.
Thanks,
Don

Sounds like it. You can remove the rock and carefully twist them off. Do this after a water change and you can rinse the rock in the old water just to be safe after removal.

here is the pic (I think). I did not attach it succesfully the first time.

Attachments

• bubble.jpg
    bubble.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 137
Don't leave it. They take over very rapidly. Get rid of it now while you still can!!
8O

thanks everyone. Tomorrow I have a shipment of LR coming from liverocks.com. I will remove the rock and try to get rid of it then.

Yup, when I first got it I didn't know what it was and left it. Six months later I'm still battling it.

There are not bad as people make them out to be. I've heard having bubble algae means your water quality is OK.

You can rock them back and forth gently to remove them. using a soft bristle tooth brush works well because of the gently rocking motion.

Today my LR arrive from LR.com. I took out of my tank the pcs of LR that had the bubble algae and removed it (but both broke in the process). I am rising the pcs of rock off in water from the tank that is excess from a water change. Is this going to be OK or will I have a breakout now?

Back
Top Bottom