Is this frogspawn or hammer coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would guess Frogspawn, as hammer coral's polyps usually look more like defined hammers. I have no idea about the brain though :/

The second looks like an acan I have one that managed to do some damage to other corals that it was able to send stingers out to.

The first picture is a hammer.Look closely at the tips.The frogspawn usually have double or triple round heads on the ends.

that brain is either favia or diploastrea heliopora. it looks like a favia called a "reverse prism favia" collected from australian waters. what did you pay for it? that will help with the I.D.

eh...that's a bit of an exaggeration. it might be a reverse prism though. i just googled reverse prism...it seems like very few people actually know what they look like! prices range from 29 dollars to a whopping 199, and one looks completely different from the next.
when i've ordered them from wholesale importers, they came looking like what you have though.

Back
Top Bottom