Is this good or bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonniewoodruff

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hard to get a good picture it is in my Refugium. There are several of them. Are they feather dusters or some thing else? Are they ok or should I remove them?
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• image-2760724718.jpg
    image-2760724718.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 111
  • image-3145104980.jpg
    image-3145104980.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 96
  • image-3837565989.jpg
    image-3837565989.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 102
You have to be careful. Any remnants will lead to further nems sprouting. There are retail products such as aiptasia X that you inject with a syringe. You can inject boiled lemon juice or dab them with kalk paste.

I would suggest the use of explosives. Might be slightly stressful for your fish though.

Lmao! What do they do, thd aiptashia

They spread quite readily and can sting things. Generally are looked at as a fairly difficult pest to remove since just a little tiny fragment can make an entire new anemone.

What ever u do don't try to pull them out or u will end up with them everywhere , if they are only in the place u say remove it ASAP because no matter what u do lemon juice, aiptasia x, explosives u will not get rid of them after about a month of thinking there gone a new one will turn up, best thing to do is get some peppermint shrimps they won't get rid of them but they will keep the numbers down and use aiptasia x on the rest, but if u can get rid of the first one in ur refugeum before it spreads u might get lucky

Can I put a peppermint shrimp in the refugium? I have a snowflake eel and a niger trigger in the DT so I don't think that I can put one in there.

Peppermint shrimp can be hit or miss on eating aiptasia. I would do aiptasia x or a kalk paste before resorting to buying livestock just to take care of it.

You will need aiptasia x for the one in the pic the peppermint shrimp will eat all the new ones

You will need aiptasia x for the one in the pic the peppermint shrimp will eat all the new ones

In the tank I wouldn't put them in the refugeum unless its a large one
If u don't feed any food for a due days then the peppermints will defo eat as much aiptasia as they can get

I don't no why half of what I rote only come up so ill start again
I would use aiptasia x for the ones in the refugeum if u don't take it out to kill them and as for the peppermint shrimps if u starve the fish for a fue days any peppermints will defo eat as much aiptasia as they can get, also I wouldn't put one in the refugeum unless its a large one hope that's helps

Back
Top Bottom