Is this the red hermit crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amosora

Aquarium Advice Activist
I hope his is a reef safe dude

Attachments

• image-2292338041.jpg
    image-2292338041.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 195
  • image-517493237.jpg
    image-517493237.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 189
Nope I don't think so! I think it's the White spotted hermit! I'm not sure if they r reef safe but apparently they can predate small fish

I have been warned about this one for the same reasons- take small fish and inverts. Maybe best to move it to a sump or keep spare tank until you can re-home if you choose not to keep it!

Definatley not reef safe, these guys can get up to 12 inches, i have one the size of my fist in my predator tank and it has eaten all my other hermit crabs, it will eat anything it can catch :( sorry

I got it free from the lfs. He is now in the sump. I hope i can go to the beach so i can return him back

This is my red hermit.

Attachments

• image-1743362862.jpg
    image-1743362862.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 79
  • image-3407809101.jpg
    image-3407809101.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 71
amosora said:
I got it free from the lfs. He is now in the sump. I hope i can go to the beach so i can return him back

Please do not just set him free at the beach. The white spotted hermit is indigenous to the Indo-Pacific and unless u actually live over there, u should not be releasing a non-native creature into the wild. Our waters have enough invasive species in them. I'm sure ur LFS will be happy to take it back.

I agree with Guber, I highly recommend u try to give it back to the store, do not release him in the wild. Try putting him in your sump?

Back
Top Bottom