I've got a lot of this stuff, I think it's dying...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copi

Aquarium Advice Freak
My LR came with some of this on just about every piece. Since it's arrival, much of it is turning white as you can see in the photo.

Attachments

• p2220001.jpg
    p2220001.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 137
Mine turned white in the cycling process and is still a skeletal structure. I since have had new groups pop up and do great. Not sure what it is though- sorry

i believe its a type of suncoral :) and yea not real good that it dieing imo ! how new is the tank has it cycled ?

scuba_steve said:
not real good that it dieing imo ! how new is the tank has it cycled ?

Yes, the tank has cycled. It was FO which is now going to be FOWLR and eventually reef.

What does this stuff need to live? What might I not be giving it, in other words?

And am I going to have a huge ammo spike if I have a good amount of this stuff dying?

:(

Since you just got your rock it is likely just part of the travel process. I'm sure you'll see them bounce back in no time. Keep testing your water and be prepared for a change if need be but you'll probably be fine.

I got a lot of that stuff from the rock I picked up from TBS. Mine was white when I first got the rock and now it has all turned back to the normal color.

Back
Top Bottom