Jelly sacs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jolopy409

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any idea what these are? Should i leave them or let them be?

Attachments

• P1030395.jpg
    P1030395.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 135
It's bubble algae. Do not pop them or they will come back worse than before. Emerald crabs will eat it and get rid of it.

When you change your water that is the time to go after them make sure you have good flow from your siphon and turn off your pumps so the spores don't get blown around and gently scrape them off with the end of the hose. Emerald crabs are hit or miss with that stuff the last one I had didn't even attempt to eat it guess it decided it wasn't on the menu.

Update. I went to my lfs and bought 2 emerald crabs. One had a red hue to it the other green. The one with the green hue has been hiding under the live rock and haven't seen him out or feeding on anything. The red one has been hiding under my small pieces of live rock about baseball size or smaller and eating the red bubble algae lol. What gives? Neither really show themselves! he just reaches around all sneaky and grabs it and pulls it under and instant buffet haha. There was a large red bubble algae next to that red thing to the left of the crab. Is that a coral?

Attachments

• IMAG0455.jpg
    IMAG0455.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 96
lol that is what crabs do. I get them and never seem to see them much, unless I get them to eat from my hand before I put them in the tank.

Ya that crab in the picture seems to have made that his home. Its a small branched coral right up against the front of the tank so where I can watch him all day. Still trying to figure out what that Red thing above him his. I think its coral. Bc depending on the light it gets reflective and glows. Also, my turbo snails love the red algae. I watched one put its entire mouth around one of those "sacs" lol and devour it.

Back
Top Bottom