Just got this bta. Anyine know what kind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonnypro

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here is my first go at this. Anything I should know? What kind is it!?
F73oe31.jpg
KVBWzHO.jpg
2gtzk3G.jpg

it is hard to tell with just the blues on. Anemone can be easy to take care of, they require pristine water conditions and intense lighting.
good thing I have both. Lol. I forgot what the guy at the lfs said it was. There were two kinds I was looking at. The other one wouldn't host a clown so I got this one. Wonder how long it would take for the clown to get interested in hosting it.

Your clown may or may not have any interest in it, there isn't anything you can do to get this relationship to form.
My only concern would be that it appears to be some build up on your sandbed. It if is cyano it would indicate your parameters are out of whack. If you want your new anemone to do well, you'll want to get this under control as soon as possible.
In terms of the type of anemone, it will be easier to identify it with all the lights on like I stated above.

Your clown may or may not have any interest in it, there isn't anything you can do to get this relationship to form. My only concern would be that it appears to be some build up on your sandbed. It if is cyano it would indicate your parameters are out of whack. If you want your new anemone to do well, you'll want to get this under control as soon as possible. In terms of the type of anemone, it will be easier to identify it with all the lights on like I stated above.
. I had seen a YouTube video where a guy had a, in tank breeding box and put the 2 clowns and the anemone in the breeding box so they would take. It only took a less than an hr for them to host. As far as water quality I had hair algae and it is all dead. What you see is the only reminits of it. It is yellowish brown where it used to be green. My algae eaters fix and tang did a great job of mowing all of it down. I check my water every two days. I have a gfo reactor that takes out any remaining phosphates and I now feed them almost phosphate free food.

Looks like a long tentacle anemone, not a bubble tip. Though BTAs can be stringy (mine is) that one looks a LOT like the curvy LT nem.

Back
Top Bottom