Kelp? Seaweed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex.

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I found this on my rock I noticed it before but didn't think to much about it but now I noticed its growing looks like kelp that you would find along the beach anyone have an idea what it is? Should I remove it?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1466624853.528481.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How big is your tank if it's big enough and you are planning on having a tang of any sort it will soon munch it :)

Can you get a better picture as I'm struggling to see it may be I'm viewing on my phone though.

Don't know if this is much better
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1466629116.087699.jpg
I have a 28 gallon jbj so no I won't be getting tangs I just have a pair of designer clowns and a watchmen goby that's pretty much it for me

If you want to get it out best thing to do is on a waterchange get a tooth brush and scrub the rock as you have the syphon pipe above it will then suck it out.

Or if you like the look of it leave it be for minute see how it grows may look really natural :)

I don't see any-type of macro on the rocks , I do see the beginnings of hair algae and cayno . but that's about it

Yea The hair algae was a bit out of control but I've removed as much as I can and bought a couple more crabs and I went from keeping my tank light on from 12+ hours to only 8-10 hours so it's actually been pretty under control for about a month.
And cayno?

Even hair algae is a macro algae, just one that can be invasive and an issue in our displays.
That said, photo period and a clean up crew will help with the algae but you will still need to address the parameters in the system or it won't ever resolve itself.

Back
Top Bottom