Kenia tree or flower tree coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armt350

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Went looking at a new LFS over the weekend and he sold me what was supposed to be a kenia tree, I got it in my tank and as it started expanding i'm now thinking I got the wool pulled over my eyes and it was actually a flower tree coral, the non photosynthetic type... I'm thinking scleronephthlya.

Attachments

• DSC_0019.JPG
    DSC_0019.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 178
As soon as I get home from work I will get a better close up picture of the coral, it has not opened its polyps yet so I cant see what form they have.

I'm definantly leaning towards thinking that as well, it would be a bummer if it is only because I would have to attempt to target feed it with greenwater or some sort of phyto.

I'm definantly leaning towards thinking that as well, it would be a bummer if it is only because I would have to attempt to target feed it with greenwater or some sort of phyto.

Yeah it will need target feeding and you'll have to move it to a lower light area. Cool coral though.

You could always return it to yr lfs, they have mis sold it to you. It is a really nice coral though :)

You could always return it to yr lfs, they have mis sold it to you. It is a really nice coral though :)

unfortunately my other half loves the coral and has informed me to do everything possible to make it flourish regardless of cost :D. I purchased a small piece of live rock to form a cave over it and have started doing targeted feeding with greenwater. Does anyone know if algae phytoplankton is enough for it or will I need to source zooplankton as well.

I figure with the cost thing I can probably work it out to my benefit somehow :brows:

Attachments

• DSC_0035.jpg
    DSC_0035.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 122
Back
Top Bottom