Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Identification
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-26-2004, 08:44 PM   #1
cj10488

Kind of Anemone

Well I got my base rock today and in came a few anemones.. One looks like a mojona and the other looks way too large to be aipstasia.. They are in my 29g tank where most of the rock went except a few pieces..

here is a few pics..

TIA,
James
Old 03-26-2004, 08:57 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Neither looks like a majano, they both look like aips to me, but there is a post from Ron at LR.com saying that aips are not found in gulf and keys rock, they are imports from the pacific He called them rock anemones and said they do not spread like aips do. I say watch them, if they start spreading, or moving and causing issues...nuke em with some Joe's Juice

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 08:59 PM   #3
cj10488

Quote:
I say watch them, if they start spreading, or moving and causing issues...nuke em with some Joe's Juice
They are in the 29g with my baby trigger, a damsel, Xenia, and my BTA.. I'll watch them and nuke them if need be..

Thx Kevin,
James
Old 03-26-2004, 09:26 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

My "Not Aips" are spreading through my tank (or just becoming more bold and have moved from inside the rock)

These are the same "Not Aips" that I have.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:52 PM   #5
cj10488

hmm.. maybe I should inject them with Kalk LOL.. ahh it give me something to look at in the 29g LOL

Here is a pic of the 29g.. It has about 15lbs of LR and about 30lbs of Live Base rock..
it houses a Baby humu trigger (picasso), Damsel, and a BTA.. The lighting is a single 55w 10k bulb as i still have to replace the other bulb LOL.. Everything seems fine now so whats the rush LOL..
Old 03-27-2004, 11:34 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to sumphead
I have the "non aips" in my rock tank. And one in the nano. I nuked all the ones in the display though thier weren't many on the keys rock. I haven't noticed any speading, though two had gotten quite large. I juiced them last night, more cause I like watching the Joe's in action. I have to agree with Ron about them not being aiptasia, and they do come in a wide vairety of colors and shapes more like the Mojos. So I suppose I really haven't added anything but Getting baserock with life is great thing. Think about what you can't see!

R-
Old 03-27-2004, 11:58 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I nuked a bunch of them. If I had known . Oh well maybe by the time I get my next order of lr this will be settled.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anemone

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com