Kind of Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Well I got my base rock today and in came a few anemones.. One looks like a mojona and the other looks way too large to be aipstasia.. They are in my 29g tank where most of the rock went except a few pieces..

here is a few pics..

TIA,
James

Neither looks like a majano, they both look like aips to me, but there is a post from Ron at LR.com saying that aips are not found in gulf and keys rock, they are imports from the pacific ;) He called them rock anemones and said they do not spread like aips do. I say watch them, if they start spreading, or moving and causing issues...nuke em with some Joe's Juice ;)

I say watch them, if they start spreading, or moving and causing issues...nuke em with some Joe's Juice
They are in the 29g with my baby trigger, a damsel, Xenia, and my BTA.. I'll watch them and nuke them if need be..

Thx Kevin,
James

My "Not Aips" are spreading through my tank (or just becoming more bold and have moved from inside the rock)

These are the same "Not Aips" that I have.

hmm.. maybe I should inject them with Kalk LOL.. ahh it give me something to look at in the 29g LOL

Here is a pic of the 29g.. It has about 15lbs of LR and about 30lbs of Live Base rock..
it houses a Baby humu trigger (picasso), Damsel, and a BTA.. The lighting is a single 55w 10k bulb as i still have to replace the other bulb LOL.. Everything seems fine now so whats the rush LOL..

I have the "non aips" in my rock tank. And one in the nano. I nuked all the ones in the display though thier weren't many on the keys rock. I haven't noticed any speading, though two had gotten quite large. I juiced them last night, more cause I like watching the Joe's in action. I have to agree with Ron about them not being aiptasia, and they do come in a wide vairety of colors and shapes more like the Mojos. So I suppose I really haven't added anything but Getting baserock with life is great thing. Think about what you can't see!

R-

I nuked a bunch of them. :roll: If I had known :oops: . Oh well maybe by the time I get my next order of lr this will be settled.

Back
Top Bottom