Legs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leedowlrods

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anyone ID these little tentacles? The don't move around they just sway and reach out, I have more on different rock too

image-1841164681.jpg

I don't think it's a brittle star, I do have one elsewhere in the tank tho. This thing has been there for weeks, and I've even moved the rock around the tank
Thank for the suggestion though

They do look like the legs of a brittle star that's hiding. I have one that's living inside a small hole in a rock, so it must be tiny, and it sticks its legs out to grab food as it goes by. The legs on mine look exactly like that with the stripes. If you bought live rock for your tank, it was probably a hitchhiker. That's how I got mine, I have 2.

Definitely a mini brittle star. No doubt about it. I started with a few in my tank, now I got tons. Recognize them pretty fast .Harmless feeders

Yeah, do they normally make it to adulthood? I've seen three on my live rock, and I've seen the one out in the open so I know it is one.

Back
Top Bottom