Leptoseris?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aadair22

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A lfs near me has a ton of $10 frags, some are very nice.. Unfortunately, the guy that runs it is an absolute moron and doesn't have a clue as to what half of the frags are. I saw these and was thinking they were some sweet Leptoseris frags but then started second guessing it today when I stopped by.. Perhaps a favites or such? Anyone have an opinion as to what these may be?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402707581.527455.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402707605.618431.jpg

$10.. They guy doesn't know what he has... Bunch of nice frags for $10 including dragon soul favias..

Nice! What are you waiting for :)Not nearly as much of a steal as that, but one time I bought an electric orange Ricordea Yuma for $8, sometimes people just don't know what they have (he had >20 of them.)

Nice pick up! I don't have a tank running currently but was going to pick them up and start growing them out in the lfs that I work out until I get my nano set up later this year.. I was looking through the frags we have at my store and noticed the same piece though (although for $30) but it is nowhere near as bright as the ones I posted.. I might wait to see how they grow out, but it definitely looks like a lepto to me.

Bahh.. Just came across the same frag I was looking at on liveaquaria.. Turns out my sweet leptoseris deal is a red and green war coral (favites).. Oh well.. Thats why I didn't jump on it right when I saw it!

Hmm, sorry to hear that. Still thinking about any of the other frags? Dragon soul favites would be cool!

Back
Top Bottom