Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Identification
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-11-2004, 03:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Little Green Thing

I just noticed something in my live rock today. I saw something that looked literally like puff of smoke coming from the top of my lr and then it would dissipate in the water. It did it a couple of times and when I looked closer I saw this little green thing with long green antennas. It looked like it was compressing itself and each time it did it, a puff of smoke came out. I couldn't really get a good look at it, it was kind of hidden in a hole. After it did this it went back in. I was unable to take a picture of it at the time and I have no idea where it went now. Any ideas what it is, and is it bad for my tank?

Old 06-13-2004, 10:35 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sounds like a Stomatella varia (snail thang with a small flat shell on top and 2 antennae almost looks like a slug). It is a herbivore and reef safe. Check out the link below to make sure. The LFS calls them sea bunnies because they multiply rather fast....lol

http://www.reefs.org/hhfaq/pages/mai.../faq_rock1.htm

Old 06-14-2004, 08:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I think that's what it is. Thanks!!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com