Little hitchhiker coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh. I really had to stare at the blown up picture to see that. Does it retract if you go near it? It's hard for me to see if it is a polyp or a type of anemone. Don't know if my eyes are getting old on me or if it's the picture.

Oh. I really had to stare at the blown up picture to see that. Does it retract if you go near it? It's hard for me to see if it is a polyp or a type of anemone. Don't know if my eyes are getting old on me or if it's the picture.

Yes it does retract and it has a little mouth like on any other polyp I've seen

Is it retracting directly into the rock? If so it is an aiptasia anemone and will need addressed with a product like aiptasia-x or injecting it with boiling lemon juice.

Is it retracting directly into the rock? If so it is an aiptasia anemone and will need addressed with a product like aiptasia-x or injecting it with boiling lemon juice.

No it's not aiptasia it just kind of folds up and shrinks but u can still see it while retracted

It's not that I have both of those. It kind of looks like a zoanthid but it doesn't have the little tentacles or whatever they are the edges come to a curve and the mouth is in the middle

IMG_3062.jpg
That's a rough drawing of what it looks like, the colors r a lot duller on the actual one

Back
Top Bottom