Little white bugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divame1997

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm fairly new to this whole scene and have a question that may be very novice-like. There are a ton of little white pod looking things clinging to the live rock in my tank. What are they and do I need to worry? I have a 55 gal, with blue damsel, yellow tang, squirrel fish, banded shrimp, decorator crab, horseshoe crab, long tentacled anemone and some other anenomes (can't remember the names) with a wet/dry system.

This is also my first chat area and look forward to learning alot from you all!

First off, Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com :!: :mrgreen:

second, your description is pretty general so its tough to be sure, but likely it's any number of copepod/snail or other life that is just part of what makes LR... well... LR :) quite likely nothing to be worried about. if you're really concerned, try and get a picture of one to post on here or try and give a little more detailed description, size, color, shape, distinguishing features etc.

HTH

My digital camera is kaput, so no photo. The pods are white, with tiny hairs growing out of the tops. They have spread to the aquarium walls, weird really. I'll get a pic and post tomorrow. Thank you for trying to solve the mystery! :D

Back
Top Bottom