Little white dots on inside of my glads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbrodys

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just noticed them tonight. They look like they have tentacles on them. They are so small I can't get a pic. But there are hundreds on the glass. I just cleaned the glass yesterday. Please help is this the start of something bad.

It could be. Not sure they are so small. They look like really tiny star fish but the tentacles are really thin. I gotta look really close to see them.

I do have feather dusters in the tank If it is them will they move or do I clean them off the glass

They will not move, once they attached that is where they stay if it is feather dusters. It might also be hydroids. They look similar to a tiny star fish.

I think that's it I just googled pics of them. Looks exactly the same. Are they good

I am afraid I don't know ^^ i am sure there is a forum somewhere on here about them or you can try contacting Mr. X he might know.

Ok thanks. Also I just noticed in shaded areas in my tank a white hair growing under some of the rock. Is this algae. Or a form of hydroids as well.

white hair can be many things from hydroids to worms...kind of need a pic ^^

Is this what you're seeing, ranging from speck of dust up to 1 mm?
img_1861774_0_a4753a591d6658cd5580c9b450eb4317.jpg

Spiroid worms. Harmless, but can be obnoxious because they grow all over the glass. Razor blades work wonders. LOL

Back
Top Bottom