Little white somethings on the glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InfernoST

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey Guys
I've got a couple of picture I need help with, they are photos of little white thing on the glass of my DT that move around and have no idea what they are. They are concentrated in areas of the glass where Algae begins to make a film on the glass.
img_1031621_0_0f059370adb6453aa4bd1844a7f5969c.jpg

img_1031621_1_667525f06e491ea0579d77a319c2412b.jpg

I hope you can see them because they are rather tiny.

Looks like copepods :D

Although there are a lot of them to be copepods.... if when you first turn off your light at night wait about 10 minutes and use a flashlight to see if they are running around your sand and live rock...

If they are, these are good things to have.

Although there are a lot of them to be copepods.... if when you first turn off your light at night wait about 10 minutes and use a flashlight to see if they are running around your sand and live rock...

Cool, I'm in the middle of a PWC and cleaning out my filter at the moment, I'll let you know what I find in a couple of hours. It's been a little bumpy as of late good news is surely welcome.:D

Some kind of pods. They wont harm anything. More than likely will be some food for some fish.

I just got done, I checked out the tank after shutting off the lights and found these PODS everywhere, the LR and sand. There are a lot of them. Plenty of food in there for when my fish get back into the tank.:D

Good for you... Sometimes keeping a little bit of algae on the glass is a good thing for them, as long as it's not hair algae.

If you have a big tank and a lot of copepods, try getting a green mandarin! They are awesome. :D

I always loved mandarins but am going to have to wait till I at least get my fish out of QT and back into the DT. Thanks for your help man.

Back
Top Bottom