Lizardfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a cool colored lizard fish that I've never seen in an aquarium! Very cool!

Just found it. He's a sandhopper blenny. The LFS had him in with two clowns, the same size as mine. He appears to be reef safe, but I'm not sure.

Also called a perch. I had one but found out he was maybe reef safe so I returned mine. Very cool fish tho

Parapercis schauinslandii ... usually called red-spotted sandperch. So not a real blenny or perch or whatever. Sandperches are also called grubfishes, and I have seen the sandhopper blenny name as well (though it's a bit confusing). Most species eat smaller fishes and crustaceans, but some eat plankton. I can't image they would cause too many problems in a reef tank ... aside from eating all the smaller fish and crustaceans.

Tony

The fish mysteriously died today. No signs of stress, was eating well, all parameters are in check, no predators for him. I have no idea on what could have happened. R.I.P little guy.

Back
Top Bottom