Long Smooth Green Worm Coming From LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SsSarahsS

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was just looking around the identification forum at all the pictures and stuff, and I read some post about people seeing things in their tanks. Well I relized I had never looked in my tank at night before, so I hadn't ever notice and crawlies. Well anyway I just went and looked. LoL sure enough there was a long smooth green 3mm in diameter, stretched about 2 inches(all I could see), no spines worm like thing going from one hole in the LR to another, as I shined the flashlight in on the tank it retracted back into one of the hole, just wondered if anyone has an idea what it is. If at all possible I will try and get a picture of it if I see it again. Quite funny that I have never thought to look in the tank at night before, and the first time I decide to I see something.

Here is a picture, it is really blurry and bad I am trying to get a better one but the thing keeps retracting back into the hole. I have it circled and the other red dot was where it was extented to when I first saw it. I will keep trying for a better picture.

Added the attatchment twice (sorry)

Attachments

• worm_edited.jpg
    worm_edited.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 98
  • worm_edited.jpg
    worm_edited.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 111
They are a muddy color so yeah, I would say depending on your lighting, they could look kinda a mucky green. It could be a number of worms. I had a blue/green worm that was much like a bristle worm, but was never able to have it ID'd. There are so many types, it's hard to be able to ID each one. Perhaps this is what you have. Mine was a swimmer though.

Back
Top Bottom